Test Your Fitness Knowledge: How Healthy Is Your Score?
Are you a fitness fanatic or a Fat blasting chick? Take the test and see! The following is a list of fitness facts and untruths.
Are the statements TRUE or wrong? See below for answers.
1. Surfing provides a great cardio workout.
2. For well-rounded fitness, it’s best to stick to one type of exercise.
3. Exercise can fight depression.
4. Lifting weights builds muscle but does little to reduce belly fat.
5. On average, inline skating burns between 570 and 900 calories per hour.
6. Drinking high-sugar sodas will help you burn fat.
7. One benefit of lat pulldowns is improved posture.
8th. Practicing meditation can improve your sex life.
1. True. Paddling out and riding the waves offers a workout that rivals any indoor cardio machine. So don’t hesitate to skip your next treadmill session when the surf’s high!
2. Wrong. Variety is the spice of life – and the key to fitness! Choosing an exercise program that includes a variety of weight training and cardio options will help you reach your goals faster than just focusing on one exercise.
3. True. feeling depressed? If missing a workout causes more than guilt, try skipping the Prozac and start exercising. According to several studies, some individuals suffering from this serious health issue might benefit from regular exercise instead of antidepressants.
4. Wrong. Transform flabby abs into firm abs with strength training sessions that strengthen your core. Lifting weights burns calories both during and after exercise. So the more muscle you have, the more calories you burn each day.
5. True. Inline skating not only strengthens your glutes, quads and hamstrings, but it can also set your calorie burning furnace on fire. Adding speed and distance increases the benefits.
6. Wrong. Aside from causing your teeth to rot (ever see what happens to a nail if you leave it in a can of Coke for a month?), drinking high fructose soda makes you a fat collector, not a fat burner.
7. True. As part of a complete weight training program, lat pulldowns can lengthen and strengthen muscles for improved posture. Other benefits include improved breathing, better coordination, and a longer, leaner torso. So if you lift weights regularly, your mom might not nag you about sitting up straight at the table.
8. True. Meditation fights stress. Stress can lead to poor sexual function, among many other diseases. So if you want to warm it up between the sheets, it’s best to chill at least three times a week.
how did you do
Add up the number of correct answers and see where you rank.
0-2 right: Fat blasting chick
3-4 right: calorie counter
5-6 correct: train students
7-8 correct: fitness fanatic