Dermafique Soleil Defense Sunscreen Review Photos Price

23

I love skincare and, like most of us here, I have my routine steps that I follow to keep my skin healthy and glowing. However, there is this one step that we all tend to forget or skip and that is using our sunscreen. There are two main reasons for not using sunscreen: lack of awareness or unavailability of a suitable formula for our skin type/complexion. At least those are the two biggest hurdles I face when choosing my sunscreen.

First, let's talk about why we need to use sunscreen regularly. We all know that solar radiation causes both UVA and UVB damage, leading to premature aging, dullness, dark spots and hyperpigmentation. Sunscreen is even more necessary if you use strong ingredients as part of your routine. You need to apply sunscreen 20 minutes before going out and reapply every 3-4 hours.

I like sunscreen formulas that are lightweight and provide broad-spectrum protection. My search ended with these two great sunscreens from Dermafique. Both sunscreens are based on Full Light Technology*, which targets the 360° solar spectrum and protects the skin from the sun's effects of visible light + infrared (IR) + UVA + UVB.

When we talk about sunscreen, we're usually talking about UVA and UVB rays, which only make up 5% of the sun's spectrum – which I wasn't aware of! The Dermafique Soleil Defense range protects you from the other 95% of the solar spectrum (infrared and visible light), in addition to UVA and UVB rays. The generation of IR causes skin damage that can eventually lead to elastosis.

The Dermafique Soleil Defense All Matte (SPF50 PA++) comes in an elegant pump bottle with a transparent cap. This variant is particularly suitable for normal, dry skin. The formula has a lotion-like consistency, is lightweight and is very easy to apply and blend. I like how it blends almost instantly without leaving a white cast. It also makes my skin glow. The finish is neither sticky nor greasy. In my opinion, it can be used even by people with oily skin due to its light texture.

It is an oil-in-water emulsion that is non-greasy and non-staining, making it incredibly comfortable to wear even in tropical conditions. It doesn't make me sweat, which is an issue I have with most sunscreen formulas. It is also fragrance-free.

Next, the Dermafique Soleil Defense (Gel Crème) SPF 30 and PA++ is also available in a pump bottle. This particular formula is great for people who prefer a matte finish to their sunscreen. The formula is gel-like and spreads and blends quickly. It leaves no white cast and provides a natural finish. It is also not sticky or greasy. It's virtually fragrance-free – something I always look for in my skincare products.

I would highly recommend these two sunscreens to anyone looking for a good formulation and a light texture. You can buy these online HERE

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More