Makeup by Mario Soft Coral Soft Pop Blush StickMakeup by Mario Soft Coral Soft Pop Blush Stick ($ 28.00 for 0.37 oz.) Is a medium-sized coral with moderate, warm undertones and fine, golden pearls in a dewy finish. While it looked pretty pigmented the first time it was painted, it tended to shear, so that in the end it was more in line with marketing: wafer-thin to semi-transparent and buildable.
The texture was light, creamy, and smoother – more balsamic in that regard – with good glide over bare skin and over base products like foundation, as the formula didn’t tend to lift underlying layers. It was applied evenly and veneered with almost no effort! It lasted a good eight hours before showing signs of use.
CONTINUE READING: Formula overview for details on general performance and properties (such as fragrance).
- Tom Ford Beauty Winter 2018 (Blush) (LE, $ 60.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever B316 (P, $ 23.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Picnic Time (LE, $ 8.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Chanel Tweed Coralline (LE, $ 45.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Flush (discontinued) (DC, $ 60.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Strawberry Drip (P, $ 20.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Rare Beauty Nearly Mauve (P, $ 21.00) is darker, cooler, less shiny (90% similar).
- MAC Sweet Sweet Fantasy (LE, $ 24.00) is less shimmery, darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Salt New York Peach (P, $ 16.00) is less shimmery, more subdued, cooler (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Darya (P, $ 22.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
$ 28.00 / 0.37 oz. – $ 75.68 per ounce
The formula is said to have a “transparent, buildable coverage” with a “healthy and radiant” finish. If you love a really dewy finish, the formula might just be right for you. If tau is your archenemy, go further as this lives up to its “radiant” claim. There wasn’t any real dehydration, so it wasn’t as transfer-resistant, although it didn’t slide off my face as quickly either – most of the colors lasted between seven and eight hours.
The coverage seemed pretty pigmented when applied or when I rubbed my finger over the product and made a single, unmixed swatch of color, but in practice it was semi-transparent, buildable as the consistency was moderately emollient, like a gel creamy and spreadable, which shines through naturally. All of the nuances were very easy to apply as they were easy to apply to both bare skin and foundation as the formula doesn’t lift the base products.
At the bottom of the side is a brush (so that the tube is effectively double-ended) with small bumps that are supposed to “center” the “product pick-up” for a “more even, more fluid application”. It definitely works for its intended purpose, although it can feel a little big depending on the size of your cheeks. I also found that it was difficult to put the brush back into the tube without some of the bristles splaying / catching.
The brush head is removable, which makes more sense for cleaning, but it’s hard to hold in your hand so it wasn’t convenient to actually pick up the product (more about hiding the product that stays attached to the bottom tube).
Browse all of our Makeup by Mario Soft Pop Blush Stick swatches.
Diisostearyl malate, octyldodecanol, polyglyceryl-3 diisostearate, polyethylene, dicalcium phosphate, microcrystalline wax (Cera Microcristallina), mica, hydrogenated microcrystalline wax, synthetic wax, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-T-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate: may contain (+/-) tin , Titanium dioxide (Ci 77891), iron oxide (Ci 77491, Ci 77492), blue 1 lacquer (Ci 42090), red 6, red 7 lacquer (Ci 15850).
Disclaimer: The ingredient lists are available from the brand (or retailer) at the time of publication. Please always check the product packaging, if any, the valid ingredients list for the product you purchased or the brand or retailer website for the most up-to-date list of ingredients.