MAC under my plum extra dimension blush ($ 31.00 for 0.14 oz.) Is a medium black plum with subtle, warm reddish undertones and a brilliant sheen. It had almost opaque paint coverage in a single layer that could be built up to full coverage with a little more opacity.
The texture felt soft, smooth, and moderately dense, but not thick or stiff, which allowed me to pick up the product easily but not get any powderiness or excess product into the pan. The blush was applied evenly to bare skin and diffused well around the edges. It was a good eight and a half hours before it faded noticeably.
MORE READING: Formula overview for details on general performance and properties (such as fragrance).
- MAC Wrapped Candy (P, $ 31.00) is darker and cooler (90% similar).
- Smith and Cult Cool Pink (P, $ 24.00) is less shimmery, lighter, and cooler (90% similar).
- Slim Makeup Pomegranate (P, $ 6.99) is more shimmery and darker (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Easy (DC, $ 26.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Melt Cosmetics Fire Fury (P, $ 22.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Merit Raspberry Beret (P, $ 28.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- NARS Outlaw (P, $ 30.00) is less shimmery, brighter, and cooler (85% similar).
- Tarte Embraced (LE, $ 29.00) is shimmery, lighter, and cooler (85% similar).
- NARS Untamed (LE, $ 30.00) is shimmery, brighter, and warmer (85% similar).
- MAC Plum Foolery (P, $ 24.00) is shimmery, lighter, and warmer (85% similar).
$ 31.00 / 0.14 oz. – – $ 221.43 per ounce
The Extra dimension blush Formula is said to have “long-lasting color with prismatic reflections” that wears for “10 hours”. The formula is usually very pigmented with a soft, smooth texture that is tighter in the pan but not difficult to use – I had no trouble getting paint even with my softest brushes – and has no dustiness or powderiness in the pan . The blush can usually be mixed with a glowing sheen on the cheeks that doesn’t accentuate the natural texture of my skin. With the newly added permanent colors from MAC, the wearing time was between eight and ten hours.
Browse all of our MAC Extra Dimension Blush swatches.
Mica, cetearylethylhexanoate, C12-20 acid peg-8 ester, Hdi / trimethylolhexyllactone cross-polymer, squalane, glycerine, chondrus crispus (carrageenan) extract, ethylhexylglycerine, dicalcium phosphate, silicon dioxide, tin oxide, synthetic fluorophore Caprylyl glycol, [+/- Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Carmine (Ci 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (Ci 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (Ci 77288), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Ferric Ferrocyanide (Ci 77510), Manganese Violet (Ci 77742), Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 30 Lake (Ci 73360), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985)]
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are available from the brand (or distributor) at the time of publication. Please always check the product packaging, if any, on the ingredients list for the product you are purchasing or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredients list.