Lisa Eldridge Venetian Red invigorating blush ($ 34.00 for 0.5 oz.) Is a deeper, more muted red with warm undertones and a semi-matte finish. It let the natural finish of my skin through but wasn’t dewy.
It had more buildable coverage; I used a very small amount per brand and it made a semi-transparent cover and once it was blended it was transparent as the formula had a thinner, more spreadable consistency that wanted to be transparent and spread out. I would recommend starting this way and then tapping more product on it in the places you want. The formula worked well on both bare skin and foundation because it didn’t tend to move. It lasted well for eight hours before it visibly faded on my skin.
I asked a few readers if there were any issues squeezing the product out of the tubes, and most of them I had no issues, but Pink Poetry was difficult (and hasn’t improved) from the start.
CONTINUE READING: Formula overview for details on general performance and properties (such as fragrance).
- NARS Dolce Vita (P, $ 30.00) is shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Merit Mood (P, $ 28.00) is brighter, shinier (90% similar).
- Patrick Ta Oh She’s Different (Powder) (PiP,) is shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- LYS Beauty Empower (P, $ 16.00) is more pigmented, warmer (90% similar).
- Glossier Storm (P, $ 18.00) is lighter and warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Dolce Vita (PiP, $ 30.00) is shimmery (85% similar).
- ColourPop Psst (P, $ 7.00) is lighter, more pigmented, and warmer (85% similar).
- Lisa Eldridge Dante’s Dream (P, $ 34.00) is lighter, warmer, and less shiny (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Soleil d’Ambre (Blush) (LE, $ 60.00) is shimmery, cooler (85% similar).
- Milani Merlot Moment (P, $ 8.99) is lighter, brighter (85% similar).
$ 34.00 / 0.5 oz. – $ 68.00 per ounce
The formula is said to be buildable, although the brand recommends using the “smallest dot” to start with for a “translucent ‘flush inside’ effect”. It can be applied and blended with fingertips or a foundation brush. The finish is described as “natural, skin-like” that is not “too dewy or too dull”.
Of the colors tested so far, the formula can be built up from semi-transparent to largely opaque, and it was easy to apply more if necessary. The needle applicator allowed a lot of control so that you could approach the “smallest” amount as recommended.
The texture was light, moderately emollient, and dried to a natural to soft matte finish; one shade appeared semi-dull on my skin (although not flat / dry) and the other was softer in the tube and therefore a little more watery on my skin. Apply the product evenly with your fingertip on bare skin or over the foundation and blend with little force. They tended to stand out for what was marketing, so they were more foolproof to work with.
It was a more transfer resistant formula. The blush lasted between eight and nine hours on me before it showed any signs of fading.
Browse all of our Lisa Eldridge Enlivening Blush swatches.
We hope you would like to support Temptalia by shopping from our links below. Many Thanks! A comment. Join the convo!
Do you love our content? Support us by sharing it!