Google says it knows the best times to go to places like cafes, pharmacies, grocery stores, restaurants, and parks when you want to avoid the crowds.
The data is retrieved from Google Maps, which can show you how busy a place is before you visit. It’s pretty general and depends on where you live and what shop or restaurant you want to visit. But here’s when Google says the best time to go to certain places is when you don’t want to be with lots of other people:
Google Maps Trends: Popular Times
- Coffee shops: Least busy on Tuesdays at 4 p.m., busiest on Saturdays at 10 a.m.
- Pharmacies: Least busy on Mondays at 9 a.m., most busy on Fridays at 3 p.m.
- Grocery stores: Least busy on Mondays at 8 a.m., busiest on Saturdays between 12 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Restaurants: Least busy on Tuesdays at 3 p.m., Most busy on Fridays at 6 p.m.
- Parks: Least busy on weekdays at 7 a.m., busiest on Saturday at 4 p.m.
Here are some steps you can take to see how busy a particular place is on Google before you visit:
- Open Google Maps on your phone.
- Look for the place you want to go e.g. B. after a pharmacy.
- Tip it on.
- Scroll down past the description and phone number.
- Stop where it says “Popular Times”.
- You will see a table of how busy this place is right now and how busy it is usually in different places throughout the day.