Google has released the most popular Android apps on the Play Store based on feedback from millions of users worldwide. The vote took place on November 23rd. The Californian company has now confirmed which developers have won the coveted award. The Play Store editors have also highlighted some of their favorite applications.
According to the Play Store editors, “Loóna: Bedtime Calm & Relax” is the best app that can currently be downloaded on your Android smartphone or tablet. According to the Google teams, the software is “a rare case where utility meets ingenuity and joy” that is “beautifully designed and thoughtfully executed”.
It adds: “This year Loóna has fascinated us like no other app with its innovative, beautiful version of bedtime stories. Relax through haunted “sleep landscapes” – 3D scenes that you can explore with narration and simple interactions to add color and light to everything from a magical bookstore in Brooklyn to a carousel in Paris. Rather close your eyes? Turn on a soothing soundscape like ‘Lo-Fi Beats’ or ‘Art of Nature’. “
In the meantime, the Play Store users who took part in the survey decided that Disney + was the worthy recipient of the “Best App of 2020” gong. That makes sense. After all, the last twelve months for millions of people have been marked by time they have spent indoors working from home, studying from home, and socializing indoors in an attempt to stop the spread of the coronavirus.
Launched in the UK on March 24th, Disney + offers unlimited access to classic Walt Disney animated films, Pixar films and all entries in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), as well as National Geographic shows and films, including the Academy Award – Win Free Solo for a one-time monthly fee. In addition, Disney + includes a number of exclusive original shows like The Mandalorian, set in the Star Wars universe, and High School Musical: The Musical: The Series.
According to the latest statistics on the Play Store, Android users have downloaded Disney + an astonishing 50 million times.
Here is the full list of all of the winners in this year’s Play Store.
Best personal growth apps
- Paired: app for couples | Relationship counseling from Better Half Ltd.
- Centr, by Chris Hemsworth of Loup Pty Ltd.
- Speekoo from LearnMyLanguage
- Intellect from The Intellect Company
- Jumprope: How-to videos from Jumprope
Best Hidden Gem Apps
- Paperless Post Flyer Invitation Maker, text invitation from Paperless Post
- Loóna: Bedtime Calm & Relax by Loona Inc.
- Explorest-Photo Locations by Explorest Inc.
- Cappuccino by Olivier Desmoulin
- Tayasui sketches by Tayasui
Best Everyday Essential Apps
- Grid Diary – Journal, planner from Sumi Interactive
- Whisk: Turn recipes into shareable shopping lists from whisk.com
- Pattern Home, Inc.
- ZOOM Cloud Meetings from zoom.us
- Calmaria from ABDZ
Best apps forever
- GreenChoice: Healthy Shopping by GreenChoice, PBC
- Medito by Medito for mindfulness, meditation and sleep
- ShareTheMeal: Donate to Charity and Solve United Nations Hunger
Best apps for fun
- Disney +
- Reface (formerly Doublicat)
- Dolby On: Record audio & music
- Bazaart: photo editing and graphic design
Best game of 2020
- Genshin Impact from miHoYo Limited
Best indie games
- Cookies have to die from Rebel Twins
- Maze Machina by Arnold Rauers
- Sky: Children of the Light by thatgamecompany inc
- Inbento from Afterburn
- GRAY by DevolverDigital
Best casual games
- Harry Potter: Puzzles & Spells by Zynga
- DreamWorks Trolls Pop: Bubble Shooter & Collection by Huuuge Games – Play Together
- SpongeBob: Krusty Cook-Off from Tilting Point
- Disney Frozen Adventure by Jam City, Inc.
- EverMerge from Big Fish Games
Best innovative games
- Fancade by Martin Magni
- Minimal dungeon RPG from CapPlay
- The gardens in between by The Voxel Agents
- Genshin Impact from miHoYo Limited
- Ord. From Crescent Moon Games
Best competitive games
- Legends of Runeterra by Riot Games, Inc.
- The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross by Netmarble
- Bullet Echo from ZeptoLab
- Gwent: The Witcher Card Game by CD PROJEKT SA
- Brawlhalla from Ubisoft Entertainment