Halloween 2021 is just around the corner and if you’re in the mood to see something spooky to celebrate, there are plenty of options on Prime Video. And in the lead up to All Hallows Eve, Amazon released a new update to its Fire TV and Fire TV Stick 4K Max devices that lets you ask Alexa to play your favorite horror in a brilliant new way.
The new Alexa update, which is now available on your device, prompts the voice assistant to play a selection of horror films by quoting lines from them. For example, if you want to see M Night Shyamalan’s classic 90s horror The Sixth Sense, all you have to do is quote the film’s most famous line. If you say “Alexa, I see dead people” you can see the iconic blockbuster starring Bruce Willis.
Alternatively, saying “Alexa, something found us” will play a hit on JJ Abrams-produced Cloverfield, directed by Matt Reeves – who is making the highly anticipated new Batman movie.
If you want to see Cloverfield make sure you don’t get immobilized too quickly as the camera shakes in the middle. You can also get Alexa to play the brilliant 2001 indie hit Donnie Darko with Jake Gyllenhaal by saying, “Alexa, when will the world end?”
If you’re looking for something a little more family-friendly this Halloween, you can also get Alexa to play Casper or The Addams Family by saying some fun commands.
Saying “Alexa, show me the friendly ghost” brings up Casper while saying “Alexa, you bewitched me!” will play The Addams Family.
You can find a full list of all the quotes and commands you can say to play these movies on your Amazon Fire TV device.
Just be warned that some of these movies are part of an Amazon Prime subscription or are free to watch with ads, while others are not …
READ MORE: Amazon Prime Video: The Best Halloween Movies and TV Shows to Watch
• Black Death: “Alexa, vengeance is mine” (free to see with advertising)
• Cloverfield: “Alexa, something found us.” (Free to see with advertising)
• Donnie Darko: “Alexa, when does the world end?” (Free to see with advertising)
• Hannibal Rising: “Alexa, what else do you have to love?” (Free to see with ads)
• Hellraiser: “Alexa, it’s not a personal baby.” (Free to see with advertising)
• Lake Placid The final chapter: “Alexa, jump into crocot-contaminated waters!” (Free to see with advertising)
• Paranormal activity: “Alexa, I bought a Ouija board.” (Included with Prime)
• Scary movie: “Alexa, do you like scary movies?” (Free to see with ads)
• Psycho (1960): “Alexa, I’m Norma Bates.” (Paid rent or purchase)
• A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010): “Alexa, One, Two, Freddy’s Coming For You …” (Included with Prime)
• The sixth sense: “Alexa, I see dead people.” (Paid rent or purchase)
• Casper: “Alexa, show me the friendly ghost.” (1995 paid film, 2006 free film with commercials)
• Family Addams (1991): “Alexa, you bewitched me!” (Paid rent or purchase)
• Hotel Transylvania: “Alexa, I’m a Franconian homie!” (Included with Prime)