Red brown (604)
Chanel Brun Rouge (604) cheeks blush in contrast ($ 45.00 for 0.17 oz.) Is a medium-dark, maroon with moderate, warm undertones and a matte finish. It had a medium, buildable paint cover – which is as intended – that was applied somewhat evenly to bare skin, but was best applied to firm ground as it was a thinner, stiffer formula that made it harder to get on the bare skin (or diffuse and spread skin with moisture or oil).
For the first time, as described above, I used a clean buffer brush to spread it out and set it in place. After this application, I used a lighter, less dense brush and got better results with less effort, but it was significantly better and a lot easier to work with over-strength primers. It was a good eight and a half hours before it faded noticeably.
MORE READING: Formula overview for details on general performance and properties (such as fragrance).
- ColourPop Bubbles (P, $ 7.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- MAC See Me Blush (LE, $ 24.00) is more shimmery and warmer (90% similar).
- Kosa’s Contrachroma (high intensity) (Rouge) (PiP,) is cooler (90% similar).
- ColourPop Coastal Drive (LE, $ 8.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Mellow Wine (P, $ 2.99) is less shimmery, lighter, and warmer (90% similar).
- Chanel Lumieres de Kyoto (LE, $ 70.00) is shimmery, lighter, and warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Rose Latte (P, $ 20.00) is shimmery, darker, and warmer (85% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Pillow Talk Intense (P, $ 40.00) is shimmery, more subdued, and cooler (85% similar).
- ILIA Stutter (P, $ 32.00) is shimmery, lighter, and shinier (85% similar).
- Milani Berry Rays # 2 (PiP) is lighter and warmer (85% similar).
$ 45.00 / 0.17 oz. – – $ 264.71 an ounce
The Joues Contraste formula is said to have a “buildable cover from natural to dramatic” with a “flattering look” and a “silky texture”. The pigmentation ranges from semi-transparent to completely opaque, depending on the technique and skin tone, but it appeared to be exactly as described – buildable – without having to pile it up or fade it out for too long. The formula has an extremely smooth, silky consistency that blends wonderfully on the skin. I wear most sunglasses for around eight hours.
The formula smells of roses, but the scent was largely undetectable (but recognizable in the compact).
Browse all of our Chanel Joues Contraste Blush swatches.
TALC | CELLULOSE | SILIKA | BORNITRIDE | STEARYL / PPG-3 MYRISTYL ETHER DIMER DILINOLEATE | SYNTHETIC FLUOROPHLOGOPITE | RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL | MAGNESIUM STEARATE | PPG-2 MYRISTYL ETHER PROPIONATE | CAPRYLYL GLYCOL | ALUMINUM DIMYRISTAT | POTASSIUM SORBATE | PERFUME (SCENT) | HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL | CERA ALBA (BEESWAX) | CHLORPHENESINE | TOCOPHERYL ACETATE | [+ / – (MAY CONTAIN) | CI 12085 (RED 36) | CI 15850 (RED 6) | CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE) | CI 15880 (RED 34) | CI 15985 (YELLOW 6 LAKE) | CI 17200 (RED 33 LAKE) | CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE) | CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE) | CI 45380 (RED 22 LAKE) | CI 45410 (RED 28 LAKE) | CI 73360 (RED 30 LAKE) | CI 75470 (CARMINE) | CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES) | CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE) | CI 77491, | CI 77492, | CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) | CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE) | CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET) | CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) | MICA] | IL47A-I
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are available from the brand (or distributor) at the time of publication. Please always check the product packaging, if any, on the ingredients list for the product you are purchasing or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredients list.
We hope you can support Temptalia by shopping through our links below. Many Thanks! 3 comments. Take part in the convo!
Do you love our content? Support us by sharing it!
Blush spring 2021