How do you keep the momentum and enthusiasm for your morning yoga practice? One simple and easy way to inspire you to get up and down on your mat is with a collection of morning yoga quotes. You have probably heard that your yoga teacher read some inspirational yoga quotes as these are powerful tools to be successful in yoga. The power of a good quote is undeniable; It helps get you through the rough parts and helps you focus on the positive. We have compiled a list of the best morning yoga quotes that contain wise words of wisdom to help you start your practice and day with a positive mindset and a healthy mindset.
Our favorite yoga quotes for good morning
When you’ve finished your morning coffee, check out one or more of these morning yoga quotes to help you roll out your mat with enthusiasm and joy. You can use these quotes to motivate yourself to wake up and step onto your yoga mat as well as encourage a positive attitude before you walk to the door.
- A few minutes of yoga every morning teaches our bodies to stretch and adjust so that we don’t break when life stretches us. – Jason Garner
- All power is in you; you can do everything. Believe in it, don’t believe that you are weak; don’t think you’re semi-insane lunatics like most of us do these days. You can do anything and everything without anyone’s guidance. Stand up and express the divinity within you. – Swami Vivekananda
- Get up, wake up, don’t stop until the goal is achieved. – Swami Vivekananda
- Before embarking on important activities, sit quietly, Calm your senses and thoughts and meditate deeply. You will then be guided by the great creative power of the Spirit. – Paramahansa Yogananda
- Do not be afraid of anything. You will do a wonderful job. Fear is the greatest cause of misery in the world. It is fear that is the greatest of all superstitions. It is fear that is the cause of all our sufferings, and it is fearlessness that brings heaven in an instant. Therefore stand up, wake up and do not stop until the goal is reached – Swami Vivekananda
- Change is not something we should fear. Instead, it’s something we should embrace. Because without change, nothing in this world would ever grow or blossom and no one in this world would ever become the person they are supposed to be. – BKS Iyengar
- Change only happens in the present moment. The past is already done. The future is just energy and intent. – MacGregor cinema
- Focusing on poses clears the mind, while focusing on the breath helps shift the body out of combat or flight modes. —Melanie Haiken
- Every morning I offer my body My mind and any ability I have can be used by you, oh infinite Creator, in whatever way you choose to express yourself through me. I know that all work is your work and that no task is too difficult or too small for you when it is offered to you in loving service. – Paramahansa Yogananda
- Good Morning, my pain, my grief, my fear. I see you. I’m here. Do not worry. – Thich Nhat Hanh
- Better to fight than to never try. – Swami Vivekananda
- If you practice yoga for small, selfish reasons, You will stay the same, bound by your beliefs about what you can and cannot do. Let go and offer your efforts to the limitless potential. Devote yourself to the happiness of all beings. – Sharon Gannon
- If you can keep the joyful aftermath of meditation throughout the day, or part of the day you will find this joy to guide you right in everything. Saints are guided by this joy, conscious of which no wrongdoing is possible. Keep the acquired joy in meditation throughout the day. – Paramhansa Yogananda
- If you are looking for peace, be quiet. If you are looking for wisdom, be silent. If you are looking for love, be yourself. – Becca Lee
- If you want to know how to overcome the growing pains in life, Start by practicing how to familiarize yourself with ailments. This is the way of the Yogi – Jaima Mavity
- Learning to be present with yourself and staying in what is stable and comfortable leaves no room for self-judgment. If you live like this, you are practicing yoga: you live fully. – Judith Hanson Lasater
- Live each moment fully and the future will take care of itself. Enjoy the wonder and beauty of every moment to the full. – Paramahansa Yogananda
- Live in a way that promotes deep happiness in oneself and others. You can swear to bring joy to a person in the morning and alleviate a person’s suffering in the afternoon. Wonder who can I make smile this morning? This is the art of creating happiness. – Thich Nhat Hanh
- The morning is an important time of the day Because how you spend your mornings can often tell you what day you are going to have. – Lemony Snicket
- Move your joints every day. You have to find your own tricks. Bury your mind deep in your heart and watch the body move on its own. – Sri Dharma Mittra
- Never focus on what you can’t do – Just imagine everything you could. – Kathryn Budig
- Practicing yoga does not remove the challenges of life, nor does it provide a convenient trap door for us to escape the distractions of life. Instead, yoga gives us the skills to face life with dignity and balance. – Donna Farhi
- Put your heart, mind, and soul into even the smallest of actions. That is the secret of success. – Swami Sivananda
- So build up the body Build up the nerves and build up the mind until your belief is so strong that you are no longer afraid at all and you are the master. – Swami Satchidananda
- Sow love, reap peace … Sow meditation, reap wisdom. – Swami Sivananda
- The goal of yoga science is to calm the mind so that it can hear the infallible advice of the Inner Voice without distortion. – Paramahansa Yogananda
- The more light you shine into the world, the more you can help others with your mere presence. – Max current
- The nature of yoga is to shine the light of consciousness to the darkest corners of the body. – Jason Crandell
- The point of yoga is to develop a level of clarity and self-image so that when we are done with our yoga practice, we make really good decisions because that will determine whether we are fulfilled. Not the quality of our poses. But actually, yoga is what happens when we finish practicing yoga. – Rod Stryker
- The real reward of a yoga practice I’ve come to see that it’s not a perfect handstand or a deeper forward bend – it’s the newborn self stepping off the yoga mat and back into life every day. – Rolf Gates
- The ultimate goal of yoga is to always watch things closely and therefore never act in such a way that we later regret our actions. – TKV Desikachar
- The yoga pose is not the goal. The goal is not to become flexible. Standing on your hands is not the goal. The goal is serenity. Balance. Really find peace in your own skin. – Rachel Brathen
- Things are not getting any better; they stay as they are. It is us who get better from the changes we make to ourselves. – Swami Vivekananda
- Three mantras that you should never say: (1) I don’t know. (2) I am not ready. (3) I can’t. – Yogi Bhajan
- True yoga is not about the shape of your body, but the shape of your life. Yoga must not be practiced; it is to live. Yoga doesn’t care what you were; it takes care of the person you become. Yoga is designed for a broad and profound purpose, and in order for it to be truly called yoga, its essence must be embodied. – Aadil Palkhivala
- I wake up this morning and smile. Twenty-four brand new hours lie ahead of me. I vow to live fully in every moment and to look at all beings with compassionate eyes. – Thich Nhat Hanh
- We are responsible for what we are and whatever we want, we have the power to make ourselves. If what we are now was the result of our own past actions, it certainly follows that what we want to be in the future can be brought about by our present actions; so we need to know how to act. – Swami Vivekananda
- When life is foggy The path is unclear and the mind is dull, remember your breath. It has the power to give you peace. It has the power to solve life’s unsolved equations. – Amit Ray
- Yoga makes it possible to find inner peace which is not disheveled and stirred up by the endless pressures and struggles of life. – BKS Iyengar
- Yoga starts right where I am – not where I was yesterday or where I want to be. – Linda Sparrowe
- Yoga is a light that, once lit, never darkens again. The better your practice, the brighter your flame. – BKS Iyengar
- Yoga is an integral part of my daily routine. This definitely helps me approach all aspects of my life from a place of mindfulness and clarity through the meditation that normally accompanies this practice. – Christy Turlington
- Yoga is not about self improvement. It’s about self-acceptance. – Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa
- Yoga is the ultimate practice. It simultaneously stimulates our inner light and calms our overactive mind. It is energy and calm at the same time. Yin and yang. We feel the burning and find our happiness. – Elise Joan
How To Use Inspirational Quotes In Your Yoga Practice
Quotes are powerful tools that can be used to inspire yourself to action. Each quote is a bite-sized nugget of powerful wisdom, often presented in a poetic or otherwise memorable way. Here are a few handy ways to incorporate these inspiring morning yoga quotes into your practice:
- Print out the list of quotes and post them where you will see them right before bed, and read one or more of them before you go to sleep.
- Create an intention card or small piece of art with a quote and place it on your personal altar or in your practice room.
- Share your favorite quotes on social media for mutual support for your morning yoga practice.
- Before practicing yoga or meditation, read a few quotes to help set an intention or mood for your practice or day.
- Use a quote as a main thought for deep contemplation or a journal.
Share your offers with us
Are there other quotes about yoga and love that have encouraged and supported you in creating and maintaining a consistent morning yoga routine? We’d love to hear them, so please post them in the comments below!