Most people go to yoga class to improve their flexibility or to get a better butt. Yet many yoga teachers encourage students to connect with their inner selves and learn to let go of all the things that are holding us back from being happy and peaceful. The yoga masters of the past understood that if you do not take care of yourself internally, you will have difficulty finding contentment and equanimity. To help you cultivate more serenity and tranquility inside and out, we’ve put together 32 inspirational yoga quotes on the topic of peace.
Our favorite inspirational quotes on yoga and peace
- The mind can go in a thousand directions but on this beautiful path I walk in peace. The wind blows with every step. A flower blooms at every step. – Thich Nhat Hanh
- Knowledge is better than mechanical practice. Meditation is better than knowledge. But even better is to give up the attachment to the results, for immediate peace follows. – Bhagavad Gita
- The more regularly and deeply you meditate, The sooner you always act from a center of inner peace. – J. Donald Walters
- The yoga pose is not the goal. The goal is not to become flexible. Standing on your hands is not the goal. The goal is serenity. Balance. Really find peace in your own skin. – Rachel Brathen
- The fewer thoughts, the greater the peace. – Sivananda Saraswati
- Existence becomes futile when you can’t find happiness When wealth is lost, you have lost a little; When health is lost, you have lost something of greater consequence. But if peace of mind is lost, you have lost the highest treasure. – Paramahansa Yogananda
- Meditation is silence energizing and fulfilling. Silence is the eloquent expression of the unspeakable. – Sri Chinmoy
- When life is foggy, the path is unclear and the mind is dull. remember your breath It has the power to give you peace. It has the power to solve life’s unsolved equations. – Amit Ray
- Undisturbed peace of mind is achieved by cultivating kindness to the happy, compassion for the unfortunate, joy in the virtuous, and indifference to the wicked. – Yoga sutras
- Fearlessness presupposes calm and peace of mind. – Mahatma Gandhi
- Greed, lust, jealousy, envy, anger, pride and selfishness are the enemies of peace. Kill these enemies with the sword of dispassion, discrimination and non-attachment. You will enjoy eternal peace. – Swami Sivananda
- Learn to calm the winds of your mind and you will enjoy great inner peace. – Remez Sasson
- Inner peace begins the moment you make up your mind Not allowing another person or other event to control your emotions. – Pema Chodron
- The main goal of yoga is to restore simplicity, peace, and balance to the mind in order to free it from confusion and distress. – BKS Iyengar
- We all want world peace But world peace will never be achieved unless we first make peace in our own thoughts. – Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
- When we meditate, we have to feel that we enter into something infinite and infinite: the vast ocean or the infinite blue sky. We try to immerse ourselves in something limitless and immeasurable. All around us is the infinite blue sky in which peace is paramount. – Sri Chinmoy
- Chasing the world brings chaos. Letting everything come to me brings peace. – Zen Gatha
- In our uniquely human quality By combining movement with breath, peace and spiritual meaning, yoga is born. – Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa
- I will be calmly active, active calmly. I am a prince of peace, seated on the throne of attitude and directing the kingdom of my ministry. – Paramahansa Yogananda
- Yoga is the golden key that opens the door to peace, tranquility and joy. – BKS Iyengar
- Yoga is a way to freedom. Through its constant practice, we can free ourselves from fear, anxiety and loneliness. – Indra Devi
- Nothing can bring you peace except yourself. Nothing can bring you peace, but victory over your lower self, triumph over your senses and your mind, your desires and your desires. If you do not have peace within yourself, it is in vain to seek it in external objects and external sources. – Swami Sivananda
- Peace is our nature and yoga leads you to inner peace. – Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- When we understand clearly This inner peace is the true source of happiness, and as we can experience progressively deeper levels of inner peace through spiritual practice, we will develop a tremendous enthusiasm for practicing. – Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
- Yoga enables you to find inner peace that is not confused by the endless pressures and struggles of life. – BKS Iyengar
- But the self-controlled man who moves between objects With restrained senses and free from attraction and repulsion, he attains peace. – Chinmayananda Saraswati
- If you are looking for peace, be quiet. If you are looking for wisdom, be silent. If you are looking for love, be yourself. – Becca Lee
- When we are mindful When we are deeply connected to the present moment, our understanding of what is going on deepens and we begin to be filled with acceptance, joy, peace, and love. – Thich Nhat Hanh
- Without inner peace external peace is impossible. – Geshe Kelsang Gyatso
- Change and you’ve done your part to change the world. Everyone has to change their own life if they want to live in a peaceful world. The world cannot become peaceful unless and until you start working towards peace yourself. – Paramahansa Yogananda
- In meditation, one first gets sensory control. And yoga helps you with the body and when the mind is calm the focus comes automatically. With this focus, you can have peace of mind. – Sathya Sai Baba
- The nature of the soul is bliss Peace, immutable. We don’t have to get it, we have it; Just wash the scabies away and see it. – Swami Vivekananda
How To Use Inspirational Quotes In Your Yoga Practice
Quotes are powerful tools that can help you inspire yourself to action. Each quote is a bite-sized nugget of strong wisdom, often presented in a poetic or otherwise memorable way. Here are some practical ways to incorporate these inspirational quotes about yoga and peace into your practice:
- Print out the list of quotes and post them anywhere you need a reminder to promote calm in your daily life or in your yoga and meditation practice.
- Create an intention card or small piece of art with a quote and place it on your personal altar or in your practice room.
- Share your favorite quotes on social media to build shared support for your expression and the use of bhakti and love in your yoga practices.
- Before practicing yoga or meditation, read some quotes to help set an intention or mood for your practice.
- Use a quote as a seed for deep contemplation or journaling.
Let us know your offers
Are there other quotes about yoga and peace that have encouraged and supported you in creating and maintaining calm and serenity? We’d love to hear them, so please post them in the comments below!